Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 15-21 Question 1


The difference between knowledge and wisdom is that knowledge is having the facts and data which can be available to anyone while wisdom is the ability to make good decisions and give good advice, the ability to understand. At college I believe that I’m acquiring both knowledge and wisdom depending on the situation. For some classes I feel like I’m just acquiring knowledge and not complete understand to the point where I’d call it wisdom. I say knowledge because the class is pure memorization and about the ability to retain knowledge, not so much as understand what I’m learning. Wisdom is the ability to know how to put the information given, the knowledge, to use and into action. I think that the information age has made us more knowledgeable and less wise. This is because we live in a fast pace information society where search engines are our first resort. We’re bombarded with information and are forced to skim looking for key words and not fully understanding the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment