Sunday, December 9, 2012

December 2-9 Question 3


I think throughout this whole semester, my favorite was when I learned about generalization. Generalization happens so often and the strange thing is that I was never really aware of it before this class. Once I learned about it, I was able to see it over and over on TV, in the magazines I read, in conversations with other classmates, etc… The strange thing is that I even find my teachers making generalizations about the students in their class. It’s disappointing really, and always hearing them making the same mistake is actually quite scary. I think that there is a point at which teachers should learn about generalizations as well as students because each semester, there is a very easy one that can be made about their students. Generalizations are dangerous and can lead to many problems and assumptions that might end up being bad. To be a good critical thinker, one needs to avoid making generalizations and understand and recognize when there is a generalization being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment