Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 12-18 Question 2

One time that I drew the wrong conclusion was when I accused someone I know of being lazy and not wanting to work all the time. This individual always asked to switch shifts with me and it was really getting annoying. Only later did I find out that he was having serious problems with his family and suffering from depression and a lack of sleep. I understood and felt really bad for my assumptions. I think that it’s very important to find out all the details before you make a conclusion about something. After learning about his situation I was a lot more understanding and tried my best to always switch my shifts to help him out. The role scientific knowledge played in correcting the misperception was being able to observe the way that he looked. When I worked with him he always looked like he was in a daze and never really completely there. That was the first thing that I noticed. I should have known from that point, however, it didn't occur to me and I was blinded by my assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment