Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 24-30 Question 3



For my topic and concept this week I decided to choose emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is “the ability to perceive accurately, appraise and express emotion; the ability to access and/or generate feeling when they facilitate thought…” I chose this because I thought that it was interesting how different types of emotions can have a positive effect on our reasoning. Some of the emotions include empathy, moral indignation or outrage. These can actually help us to understand ourselves and our own emotions. When one is in an emotional bind, they can overcome it and learn to control it. This is part of emotional intelligence. We need to know about ourselves and about our emotions so that we can control and understand them.
                Emotional intelligence is not only for how to perceive feeling, but also how to express it. Some people have problems conversing with others or even just being around other people because of their inability to express their emotions. Emotional intelligence would help those individuals greatly.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought the part of this chapter on emotional intelligence was interesting and I agree that emotional intelligence would likely benefit many people. I think most people overlook what they are feeling or perhaps just examine the surface of said feelings. We know and acknowledge when we’re angry, sad, confused or in any other sort of general emotional state. But we refuse to examine it any further than that. I think it would help a lot of people, myself included, to use more emotional intelligence in our everyday lives. We should seek to better understand our emotions so that we can learn from them and in turn grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete